Why should I take a course in Cyber Security?
Do you like solving mysteries? Digital research, searching for the facts and investigations?
The UB Technology Management Program is specifically designed to develop skills and competencies such as:
Identifying and evaluating the impact of relevant changing technology and managing those changes.
Designing programs to identify, develop and implement innovative technological based solutions.
Leadership, the creation and sustenance of high-performance global teams and enabling innovation.
Also, according to Bloomberg Businessweek, the U.S. Department of Defense and the FBI alone would like to recruit 6,000 people with cybersecurity skills by the end of 2016. Depending on the source, the unemployment rate for cyber security professionals is currently near or below zero. The point is, demand is high and exceeds supply.
Cybersecurity is interesting, challenging, technology-focused work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is Cyber Forensics?
• Cyber (Digital) Forensics
The application of computer science and investigative procedures for a legal purpose involving the analysis of digital evidence after proper search authority, chain of custody, validation with mathematics, use of validated tools, repeatability, reporting, and possible expert presentation.
What services are provided for Cyber Forensics?
• Vulnerability/threat assessment and risk management
Tests and verifies the integrity of stand-along workstations and network servers
• Network intrusion detection and incident response
Detects intruder attacks by using automated tools and monitoring network firewall logs
• Digital investigations
Manages investigations and conducts forensics analysis of systems suspected of containing evidence
What is the most common type of Cyber Investigation for companies?
• During private investigations, we search for evidence to support allegations of violations of a company’s rules or an attack on its assets.
• Three types of situations are common:
1. Abuse or misuse of computing assets
2. E-mail abuse
3. Internet abuse
• An investigator’s job is to minimize risk to the company
How do I know if I need Cyber Forensic Service?
• Employees misusing resources can cost companies millions of dollars
• Misuse includes:
1. Surfing the Internet
2. Sending personal e-mails
3. Using company computers for personal tasks
• Digital forensics involves systematically accumulating and analyzing digital information for use as evidence in civil, criminal, and administrative cases
• Investigators need specialized workstations to examine digital evidence
• Public-sector typically require search warrants before seizing evidence
Please call our office at 203-650-3722 for Service & Training details and fees.
What is the E-Proctor Software used for?
We have developed the E-Proctor software to monitor students that take online tests to prevent cheating. This uses our Face Recognition software and can be used by any school or university that has online courses and tests. Please call for a demo to see how this software works.
What information is provided in a Back Ground Check?
"Comprehensive Back Ground Report" - In-depth and detailed Subject, Asset and Relationship Information
We run a Comprehensive Report to get all-inclusive, in-depth information about your subject. You will find a
detailed address history with current and previous location information and extensive background information
such as criminal history, licenses, professional affiliations, and voter registration information.
The Report also offers records of current and past properties including foreclosures and evictions, and vehicle
registrations including descriptions and images. The relationship section shows details about relatives,
associates and neighbors with the ability to customize the level and depth of inter-relationships displayed.
Our "Social Media" Report - Photos, emails, websites and accounts connected to subject (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
Central Forensics Lab
Central Forensics Lab
250 Myrtle Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604